Settled at last!

Well its official – Craig and I are now compleatly homeless. Our house settled yesturday morning (Monday) at 11.30am, there are still nigly things to sort out monies wise.

We ended up settling the road issue with a 50/50 split, not ideal but better then what they were trying to get *grrr*

In brighter news, Lippy has some more photos for us of the construction so as soon as she is able to scan them I will upload them to the flickr site 🙂

So why is it things have to go sour?

Things were going so well, you will note the excitement and happyness in my last post and now the frustration and saddness!

Remember how I said “our settlement WILL got through on Friday” well it’s Friday, its 30mins after settlement was due to happen and it ain’t happanin, in fact the whole entire sale might go compleatly bust and its all crap! 😦

Why you ask? Well the purchasers have tried to wriggle out of the deal in regards to payment of a cuncil road scheme, because it wasn’t put in the contract, it was just a verbal understanding between all parties, they have been listening to a stupid lawyer wo has said something like “hay you know you don’t actually have to pay this, verbal deal or not” and so they have decdided now that they are not going to honour the verbal deal and are trying to make us pay for the $10k+ and its NOT RIGHT! they agreed, we set the price on that agreement and now its going to cost us a fucking fortune because we either have to pay the money or take them to court and end up paying more! We were nice to them, we bloody well gave them the time they needed to get their finances in order, we could have sold the house a dozen times over in the last month but we believed everyone was happy and all was good, we were all dealing wit each other in a nice happy way and then sddenly they do this! Everyone is telling me it’s ok, don’t worry about, I’m sure things will work out just fine, see we got them to admit they are pulling a dodgy, but did anyone get it in writting again? NO and so we are screwed and maybe things will work out – fine, great, grand but what if it doesn’t? I want to sell my bloody house! I don’t want to go through all of this again, I want it over and done with, I want to be settled and done.

But that’s not all folks – our brocker in NZ is crap and only sent us the happy page 1 of a fax from the mortgage lenders, he forgot somehow to include page 2 that listed 12 conditions that had to be met before the loan will be okayed, many of which they should have had from him already but when I contact them, I discovered they had basicaly nothing, our brocker pissed off on holidas for a week (which I discovered after ringing his mobile and being told NOT to leave a message). So I ran around collecting documents again, signing documents I had never even seen before and getting really cross with incompitant people who are supposed to be there to make my life easier! grrr (can you tell I’m not a happy girl today?)

Well I shall go before I say something I’ll regret! 😦

Ohh so exciting

Not only is it official that our house is on the market, but we already have some very keen buyers interested. Unfortunately I wasn’t quite quick enough and hadn’t arranged the section 32 just yet so there will now be a short delay.

I really hadn’t expected things to be happening so fast – we spoke with the agent on Saturday, it went onto the websites on Monday and the paper yesterday (Wednesday), we had only just popped over late last night to do some final cleaning and put some things that we had just dumped in the lounge away, the wardrobe door had only be reinstalled yesterday – and I simply had not realised anyone would have been through the yet!

I don’t think anyone has actually put in an offer, the are waiting to see the section 32 first, but if there are interested buyers then that’s really good news for us (bidding war anyone??).

I’d like to not have to think about any of this realy until after Easter, but it would be a great buzz non-the-less if we could go away for Easter knowing that we had a buyer 🙂

The funds from our investment have transferred out and we are just waiting for them to clear in our access account, then we can arrange the initial deposit to Earthsong and send back all the forms to fully and compleatly secure our new home.

We have had some positive mumblings from our new brocker so here’s hopeing we have more success with the banks then we did with Prometheus – oh and apparently the NZ$ has fallen again making the AU$ stronger which is great news for us right now.

It’s Official

Our house is now officially on sale:

House For Sale

We have met with the Real Estate agent in Hurstbridge and our house will be listed for sale this week.

The decision has been made not to paint or do anything to the house as the agent does not believe it will raise the properties value enough to even recoup the costs. Although I was orginally very keen on the idea of painting the place and doing some gardening there, I am now very pleased that I will not have to do anything. The house can stay just as it is and still get us the same return.

Apparently houses are selling like hotcakes in Hurstbridge at the moment and the agent believes our place will sell very quickly – I hope he’s right!

Not much to report

Well there isn’t really that much for me to report at the moment, we are pretty much in a stand still mode waiting on others. I showed a very lovely woman (Katrina) around our house in Hurstbridge on Friday, she is very interested and has lots and lots of plans for the house, but her and her husband need to sort out financing stuff.

What they would really like to do is rent the house until September (when he becomes a really real train driver and not just a trainee) and then purchase the house. This suits us just fine, as long as we can get a deposit and a signed contract of sale from them. The hope is that we can have all of this sorted out by the end of this month – so that Craig and I don’t have to move into Hurstbridge or have anything further to do with it really. So we waite for them to organise finances.

We also have to wait on Promethius to get back to us on acceptance of our loan application.

Once we have our loan approved, we know what is happening with Hurstbridge, we can then send an email to Earthsong to advise them that we would love it if they could let us know when a rental comes up and then we can move asap. AHHHHHHHHH I hate waiting!

I am still packing and sorting things, finding out about shipping (apparently we need to ensure our container is near the bottom centre of the boat because they top ones are designed to fall off the boat if need be in rough seas!) and generally keeping busy until I know more.

The link in the title today will take you to my Earthsong flikr page, at the bottom I have added some pics from the Earthsong website of the site layout and concept plan stuff.

That’s all for now 🙂

Things are coming together

It looks like a few things are starting to fall into place.

This morning I listed our old bookcases and some books on Freecycle and the bookcases have walked out the door already and the books will be collected on Friday morning – Yay!

Our tenant has called me today to tell me that she will be paying the next 3 weeks worth of rent upfront but will be moving out before then. She is also washing all of the walls and ceilings for me which is great.

My friend Vanessa has offered to help me paint the house, which now means we can go there before Craig and I need to move in, get the painting done and then move in all our crap – I mean beautiful belongings 🙂

And… Prometheus (the loan company) has let us know that they have recieved our application and are currently reviewing it, so hopefully we will here back from them very soon.

Ahhh, I can’t wait! There is so much to do before we leave, I just hope there is enough regular stuff to do to keep me occupied between now and then!

Another big decision

Craig and I have come to the decision that we will sell our Hurstbrisge house 😦

What does this mean for us – in 28 days we will be moving back into our Hurstbridge house to get it ready for sale. We will then, hopefully, sell it within a month or two, have a short settlement date and move to Earthsong if a rental property is available or to Craig’s mum’s until we can move to Earthsong.

I would like to cut the costs of sale down as much as possible, I think it’s possible to sell our house through an agent but handle the viewing etc ourselves and they just do the publicity and paperwork. I believe this costs much less then having an agent show people around. I’d prefer this anyway, having buyers come direct to me, I like private sales, more personal.

Things to do to sell:

  • Scream, run around madly for a while, then calm down and get to work
  • Find out all costs in selling the property and what we need to sell it for to meet ALL those costs (stamp duty, taxes, agent fees, mortgage payout, beautification costs others I don’t know about yet)
  • Tidy the gardens
  • Paint the interior
  • Paint the outside windows

I hate making decisions on a Saturday because then I have to think and stress about them all day Sunday because I can’t start implimenting them until Monday! *sigh*

Ahh well, at least I’ll have something to do for the next few days – like repaking the boxes I just unpacked :-}