* Watching farmer Bob bring down the sheep from the top paddock with the help of his dog Tess.
* We rescued a bird from the fireplace before getting it going. William was very concerned about the bird and delighted when it finally flew free out the window – much too busy to take photos, pity. I had to smile later as Craig attempted to start the fire (after cleaning out all the soot the bird freed from the chimney)and William kept going on about Daddy meltingegg sand how he wished he wouldn’t do it – turns out Craig was using egg cartons to light the fire.
* For glorious sunrises seen through cracks in the curtain at 6am
* Phone calls (on the drink bottle lid phone) from Ranger Juney calling Super Hedgehog and Cover Boy to action
* Good manners from my 4 year old, like “excuse me please Mummy”, “your welcome” and “may I please be excused from the table”
* Brownies and strawberry cheesecake for morning tea after doctors visits.
* Spontanious songs
* “I’m not William today, I’m hedgehog boy”
* “I never imagined I would ever own something like that.” Craig returning to our house, currently being assembled on site.
* Watchng William and Little One play with a ring from the milk bottle over breakfast.
* Listening to William’s concern for the poor bird and joint family effort to get it first out of the fireplace where it had wedged itself and then away from a startled cat suddenly awoken by a crash on the window above his head and finally convincing it to fly outside to freedom.
* Lying in bed feeling exhausted with a small child, himself with a raging fever, singing nursery rhymes together and laughing through the worst.