Week in the life – Day 01

This week I’ve embarked on a “Week in the life” project. Eventually the words and photos will come together as a printed scrapbook, but for now I’m holding them here to keep them safe.

I really wanted to do this project this week, because it is the week our house frame is going to be put up. It’s been four years in the dreaming and planning. Four house site changes, only to return to the original site. Two completed house plans submitted to Council. An island move and three houses lived in.


Today begins the WitL project:


The weather forecast isn’t looking auspicious for the house buildand I’m nervous.


Our mourning started at 6am with conversations about random topics with William and Mummy while Daddy slept on, oblivious. When 7am ticked around it was all hands on deck and out of bed.


Lunchboxes had to be packed, people getting dressed and apparently my legs getting cut off
before we headed out the door by 8am for breakfast at the bakery. We usually do this little outing closer to the end of the week unless we need to be in town early, like today.

I had a round of blood tests to grit my teeth through, you do not know how relieved I was that my favorite vampire (otherwise known as a phlebotomist) was in.


This meant a quick and an only mildly painful draining before we headed off again to complete a few more errands before heading of to pre-school.

A quick trip past the house site to see the roof frame had been assembled reading for the end of the week.
We all settled into our usual Monday work. Craig spent a day in skype meeting after skype meeting while I ended took a mid-morning rest with an audio book of Enders Game. Lunch and more meetings saw the early afternoon disappear. A small indulgence of homemade lemon syrup cake for afternoon tea went down a treat


before we received a phone call to collect a sick little boy.

When we arrived at pre-school, William was happily laying down on the couch with a cold flannel on his forehead, grinning up at us. He may have had a 39 degree temperature,


but the attention made up for any other discomforts it would seem.


The rest of the afternoon with was spent with Mummy & William curled up in bed watching cartoons.

None of us was 100% today. Some of us were feeling overwhelmed and others generally sick. The overall feeling and need for today was a strong desire to be together in our little family, loving and supporting each other as best we could.

Grateful: Today I’m grateful for a caring husband and father who does his best to tend to us with a smile and over flowing love.

Craig was grateful that his wife was “happy sick” all day.

Favorite Moment: William telling us all about his ‘favorite thing’ today over dinner. It was learning about simple machines. How convenient that he happened to have watched Sid the Science Kid episode about just that very thing this afternoon AND played with them at pre-school this morning too… hmmmm


One response

  1. What i do not realize is if truth be told how you’re now not actually a lot more
    smartly-appreciated than you might be now. You’re so intelligent.
    You realize therefore significantly relating to this topic,
    produced me in my view consider it from so many numerous angles.
    Its like women and men are not involved except it’s something to do with Girl gaga!

    Your personal stuffs outstanding. All the time take care of
    it up!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s