Craig and I have been asked to be the (Faery)Godparents to our friend Robert and Ines’s daughter Luca (who is a terror on two legs at 18 months). We of course accepted with much joy and I have gotten right into the spoiling stage of things *grin*
I’ve made my first (hopefully) successful pair of wet felted baby slippers (with the carded wool from the other day).
Photo 1: Rubbing the felt over the new washboard that Craig and I made a few days ago – works amazingly well.
Photo 2: I cut the slippers in half and removed the pattern from inside, rubbed them again on the washboard with boiling water and then stuffed them full of newspaper to dry (I’m hoping the paper will help to encourage them to keep their shape, although I’m told wool has shape memory).
Unfortunately one slipper seems to be a little bigger then the other one, I’m not sure how this happened.
This I noticed when doing this style of slipper was that I managed to get seems around the edges of the slippers, which is now on the base of the feet. I’ve tried to smooth them out as much as possible but I’m not sure if it’s enough. Craig is going to sew in a leather sole to help with the longer lasting but I’m sure Luca will grow out of them before they die.