Another big decision

Craig and I have come to the decision that we will sell our Hurstbrisge house 😦

What does this mean for us – in 28 days we will be moving back into our Hurstbridge house to get it ready for sale. We will then, hopefully, sell it within a month or two, have a short settlement date and move to Earthsong if a rental property is available or to Craig’s mum’s until we can move to Earthsong.

I would like to cut the costs of sale down as much as possible, I think it’s possible to sell our house through an agent but handle the viewing etc ourselves and they just do the publicity and paperwork. I believe this costs much less then having an agent show people around. I’d prefer this anyway, having buyers come direct to me, I like private sales, more personal.

Things to do to sell:

  • Scream, run around madly for a while, then calm down and get to work
  • Find out all costs in selling the property and what we need to sell it for to meet ALL those costs (stamp duty, taxes, agent fees, mortgage payout, beautification costs others I don’t know about yet)
  • Tidy the gardens
  • Paint the interior
  • Paint the outside windows

I hate making decisions on a Saturday because then I have to think and stress about them all day Sunday because I can’t start implimenting them until Monday! *sigh*

Ahh well, at least I’ll have something to do for the next few days – like repaking the boxes I just unpacked :-}

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s